At Advance Trading, Inc. (“ATI”) we value our customers, and maintaining customer trust and confidence is our highest priority. While it is necessary that we obtain personal identifying information about our customers in order to provide the highest level of customer service, we are dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our customers’ information.
Information We Collect From Users
The personal information we collect from people who submit forms on our website will be used to send communications about our services. We will store this information for as long as you wish to receive information from us and you can request your information from us at any time.
Information We Collect About Customers
Information We May Share About Customers
ATI restricts access to your information to those employees or vendors who need to know the information in order to provide service to you. ATI maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Entities that ATI may share customer information with include but are not limited to:
- Intermediaries and service providers such as clearinghouses, futures commission merchants, law firms, accounting firms, compliance firms, marketing firms;
- Government agencies, self-regulatory organizations, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement.
In the event that ATI elects to share customer information with third parties, ATI requests and obligates such third parties to keep customer information confidential and to limit use of such information to the sole purpose of providing the services requested by ATI. ATI has prudent procedures in place to ensure that all customer information is kept confidential and treated respectfully. ATI is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers at all times.
Sharing Customer Personal Identifiable Information Abroad
ATI may transfer your information abroad if required for the permitted purposes as described above. This may include countries that do not provide the same level of protection as the laws of your home country. We will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) or other relevant laws.
Information We May Disclose
ATI reserves the right to disclose information about current and former customers if and when required to do so by law. Examples of such situations include requests for customer information by law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and self-regulatory organizations, and/ or through court order or subpoena. ATI may also disclose customer information to third parties for the purposes of performing credit checks, collect debts, enforce ATI’s legal rights and/or otherwise protect ATI’s interests and property.
Customer GDPR Rights
If you are an EEA Individual you have a number of legal rights under GDPR in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information. In particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege;
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
Call, E-Mail, Instant Messaging, and Social Media Recording/ Monitoring Notice:
As required by Commodity Futures Trading Commission recordkeeping requirements, ATI records and monitors phone, e-mail, and instant messaging lines internally. ATI additionally monitors and records its social media accounts as well as the social media accounts of its APs. Please be reminded that internal supervisory monitoring and recordkeeping plays an important role in ensuring effective consumer protection. Information obtained as a result of ATI’s phone, e-mail, instant messaging, and social media recording and monitoring program is kept strictly confidential and not shared with any third parties, unless otherwise required by law. Please also be reminded that by contacting ATI by phone, e-mail, instant messaging, or social media, you consent to ATI’s ability to record and monitor your correspondence with ATI internally.